[mythtv-users] ffmpeg working on eac3/truehd/dts-HD audio streaming

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:08:31 UTC 2010

On 26 Nov 2010, at 09:23, GZ wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just ran across the some news regarding some recent ffmpeg and kernel patches to get bitstreaming of high-fidelity codecs working under linux.  It seems like there's been some success, but Anssi Hannula needs testers with recent cards with HDMI out, particularly NVidia and Intel.  Apparently, kernel support isn't quite there for ATI, yet.
> Any people with an NVidia 9300/9400 IGP or a GT 210, 220, 240, or a Fermi and a DTS-HD/TruHD capable receiver should consider helping out by testing.  I would if I had a better receiver.

Will check, I think my receiver can decode DTS-HD and TruHD, I have a fat PS3 for bluray playback so I have to let it decode to LPCM, that's why I don't know.

If the amp can do it I'm in for some testing, I have a GT220 for Myth and will be ordering a Fermi based card for another PC next week.

Andre