[mythtv-users] [mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 08:22:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the list of things that I don't see ever, ever happening is us
> writing a Silverlight interface ;)  But the OP seems quite into it,
> maybe he can scratch his own itch for the tens of Windows MythTV users
> out there ;)

Hehe. :-) Maybe I will, who knows? I think the important part is what
has already been stated in this thread: the key in the new
browser-based setup is an *API* for performing setups. On top of that,
any permutation of a setup program can be implemented - web browser
(HTML+JS) based, Silverlight based, Flash-based, iPhone application,
Windows 7 Phone Application... :-) :-) :-)

The important part is that the setup process gets renewed. It is not
at all as untuitive right now as it could be (IMHO). I mean, what on
earth is an "video source" and how does it differentiate from an
"input connection"?

This whole area (Capture Cards, Video Sources & Input Connections)
should In My Humble Opinion be merged into *one* uniform interface.
You add a DVB card, and for that card, you can configure which XMLTV
grabber you want to use, scan for channels, perform DiSEqC-setups (for
DVB-S) et cetera.

This would make the MythTV experience be much more, eh... mythical... :-)
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg