[mythtv-users] [mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 22:22:32 UTC 2010

> Guys, mythtv-users, please.  If you're not doing the development, and
> it's all about wishes and a list of desires, it doesn't belong here.
>
> Please.  Pretty please.
>
> Robert

Robert,

I think this is _exactly_ the place for it... If devs want to improve
the user experience, but this comes back to a statement I made a few
days ago about what the goal of MythTV is. To be popular or to be a
project for the devs for their own use?

However if the above was an attempt at stopping the discussion cause
you dont want users to be frustrated when it isnt taken into account
because it is already too far down the design process... fair
enough... but I think you could simply have said that rather than
asking users to not vent their views on a project we _all_ love. We
all invest a lot of time in it, I have learnt how to use Linux simply
because of Myth.

I know all the devs spend many more hours on this than me, but I am
starting to fiddle and looking at getting into writing certain things
for Myth; but what takes you 10 minutes to knock together takes me
quite a lot longer...  All I am saying is that we all have skills to
bring to the project, and developers dont always make great UI
developers, or documenters, or projcet managers, or business analysts
or....

I am really not trying to get peoples backs up, but just cause were
not coding doesnt mean there *contributers" shouldnt be consulted...
whatever the contributor... At the moment, that isn't me, cause all i
have done is ask lots of questions, answer a few questions and post a
few things on the wiki.

thanks for reading and just as importantly working on and giving away
Myth to us all!