[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:08:06 UTC 2010

On 22.11.2010 19:26, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 2010-11-22 18:12, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 11/22/2010 09:48, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>> More fresh ones for 0.23-fixes:
>>
>> 0.24 has been released, and 0.23 is not likely to receive any further
>> support.  Also, as indicated before, simply showing that mythbackend
>> continues to allocate more memory does not in any way help trace down a
>> possible memory leak.
>
> I do think you forget that some of my valgrind logs made the fixes
> possible that are in 0.24. (thanks for the fixes! you know who you are!)
>
> So I'll try 0.24-fixes later this year and report back.
>
> Aside from the supposedly small leaks I have no real complaints.

I find the reactions on Udos observations a little bit dissapointing.
Even though there is no telling (yet) if he's seeing real leaks or not,
the mere possibility of such a bug should cause interest of people.
Instead we're seeing different forms of denial, and an eager reporter
(and tester) turning away in frustration.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, would feel sorry if I did. I just felt
Udo needed some support here.