[mythtv-users] Fedora vs. CentOS - Thoughts

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 23 21:39:41 UTC 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:33 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

> On 23/11/10 21:02, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>
>>> ...Axel is hopeful of getting 0.24 going on CentOS 5 soon and had 0.24 packages for RHEL 6 Beta.  So 0.24 on CentOS 6 may also be along quite soon, but long-term support for v4l there is still a bit uncertain.  That's my understanding, anyway.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, where does this understanding come from?
>
> Hi Jarod:  Of course, you are in a much better position than I am to know what is likely to happen here, and I'm not speaking with any inside knowledge.  Here's a recent post from Axel:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/14383#14383

Okay, I suspected that might be where it was coming from. I'm
actually debating taking up the mantle to maintain the backports
tree, with a specific interest in making sure it builds on a
certain 2.6.32 kernel. I've got commit rights on the new build
system tree anyway, and will be committing bits to get it all
building w/2.6.32 again shortly.

>> /me almost done with a backport of the entire current v4l/dvb
>> stack (including IR drivers) to the RHEL6 kernel...

/me shakes fist at kABI... Goes ahead with a build w/kABI checking
disabled for now...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com