[mythtv-users] Fedora vs. CentOS - Thoughts

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 23 21:02:52 UTC 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> ...Axel is hopeful of getting 0.24 going on CentOS 5 soon and had 0.24 packages for RHEL 6 Beta.  So 0.24 on CentOS 6 may also be along quite soon, but long-term support for v4l there is still a bit uncertain.  That's my understanding, anyway.

Out of curiosity, where does this understanding come from?

> Mythdora is also discussing going towards Centos 6 when its released.

Not exactly. The mythdora name is being laid to rest. But from its
ashes, blah blah blah, something with a new name, based on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6, is likely to appear... :)

/me almost done with a backport of the entire current v4l/dvb
stack (including IR drivers) to the RHEL6 kernel...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com