[mythtv-users] tmdb.py script question

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Tue Nov 23 00:41:43 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 11:49 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Johan<johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be>  wrote:
>
>> On 11/22/2010 08:25 PM, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>>

>>> Try using the "w" key on one movie video instead of "update videos" to at
>>> least determine if this is a tmdb.py issue.
>>>
>>> Is any movie metadata getting successfully update when you specify "update
>>> videos" or just some movies like the ones you previously described?
>>>
>> Doug,
>>
>> with the first movie (fast and furious), the "w" key returned a list of
>> movies, that I could select from. Selecting the right one inserted the data
>> in to the DB.
>>
>> With the second movie, no selection was possible, and the right data was
>> immediately inserted in the database.
>>
>> Those movies (and only these 2 out of a set of 11) did not get updated using
>> the "retrieve all video details".
>> The command "retrieve all video details" did not generate any log entries.
>>
> Please bottom post on our lists.

hmmm...I did.. ;)
> The reason it did not generate any log entries is because all existing
> videos were already marked as "processed" in some past run of metadata
> grabbing.  "Retrieve all Details" only grabs for those items which are
> marked as unprocessed, to prevent re-grabbing the entire library every
> time.

fair enough, was wondering about that too.

So what went wrong is that, although metadata was available in TMDB, it
did not get inserted, and the videos were marked as processed. Using the
w key to requery is a good workaround.
After your reply I checked my frontend logs for earlier messages
regarding lookups returning no valid data, but only found this for the
scan using "w":

2010-11-22 11:25:49.787 Running Grabber:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M The Fast And The
Furious
2010-11-22 11:25:50.808 MythUIHelper, Error:
LoadScaleImage(myth://Coverart@192.168.1.242:6543/No Cover) failed to
load image
2010-11-22 11:25:52.666 No adequate match or multiple matches found for
The Fast And The Furious. *Update manually*.

The frontend then offered me a list of options.

It looks like as if, when multiple movie descriptions are offered by
TMDB, the "update details command" did not update the metadata with the
most likely movie, but inserts nothing and marks the entry as processed.

Inserting the most likely movie metadata is also not a good option,
because once the movie id is known, the following "w" commands only
query TMDB using the (assumed) id, and not using the title string again.

The second movie, initially had an incorrect title (taken from the DVD).
However, after renaming that to the right title still nothing was found.
Don't know what happened here.

I'm not logging SQL in the backend, nor logging MySQL it self, so can't
really verify my assumption is correct..

thanks very much.

Johan