[mythtv-users] Nuvexport MIA in 0.24

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:07:37 UTC 2010

> Yes, the nuvexport program is great for removing commercials and then
> transcoding mpeg recordings. It's not limited to just nuv files. That's what
> I used to use it for until I could no longer find it in current releases.
>
> I have not found another way to auto remove commercials and
> transcode/reencode recordings all in one quick step.

ok, but with VDPAU systems... dvb-t is already in mpeg 2, transcoding
to divx/mpeg2part2 isnt ideal as the hardware decode cant handle it,
and (IMO) divx is no where near as good as h264... so for now I will
continue to use transcode --honorcutlist --mpeg2 for the commercial
cut and then do a transcode to h264 as a second step.