[mythtv-users] "Do you really need a discrete audio card ?"

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Mon Nov 22 21:41:25 UTC 2010

Tech Report has release an interesting review, comparing the Asus Xonar
cards to the common built-in Realtek chips, with the low-end ($29) Xonar
comming out as a worthwhile upgrade.

Aside from the article being interesting, it made me wondering if switching
audio cards would help with the "WriteAudio: buffer underrun" problems I
have with untranscoded content, which hasn't gone away with 0.24