[mythtv-users] Remote Control for MythMusic

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:33:23 UTC 2010

Am 22.11.2010 20:11, schrieb Paul Harrison:
> On 22/11/10 14:50, dargllun wrote:
>> On 22.11.2010 15:32, Richard Morton wrote:
>>> ah, ok.  well just be aware that there is a rewrite of the mythmusic
>>> plugin ongoing but I have no idea where it is up to.
>>
>> Does anyone around here know anything about this? Who's doing it?
>> What's the time frame? What's the status?
>>

> I'm doing the re-write. I honestly don't know when it will be ready to
> commit other than before 0.25 is out with a bit of luck, Myth doesn't
> pay the bills so has to be low priority. I have the playback screen
> mostly done, the playlist editor is done but I'm not 100% happy with it
> so might have to re-think that one, I have a search screen done just
> needs a little tidy up, the metadata editor screen is done, the full
> screen visualiser and track info popup is done, I've converted some of
> the visualisers to work with MythUI, I have a working lyrics screen but
> it's just a proof of concept at the moment and really needs to be
> plumbed into the metadata grabbing stuff in the BE, I'm currently
> working on the streaming playback screen for the shoutcast/icecast
> playback. There's still a 1001 things to do before it will be ready even
> for others to test.

Thanks for this update.

>> I'm subscribed to the mythtv-dev list for a week now, and have
>> receveived only one(!) message, which was bot spam. My question wrt
>> mythmusic was not answered until today.
>>
>> sigh...
>
> You must have something wrong with your mail since you you did get a
> reply. See the archive here :-
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/459769.

Indeed there must be s.th. seriously wrong. Thanks for letting me know!

Anyway - as I explained, in 0.23 it was enough to return to the
mainmenu, and then go back to mythmusic to reload the db. Would it be
possible to retrofit this behavior in 0.24 so my scripts could continue
to work? That'd be so great!

Thanks
dargllun