[mythtv-users] Remote Control for MythMusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Nov 22 19:11:32 UTC 2010

On 22/11/10 14:50, dargllun wrote:
> On 22.11.2010 15:32, Richard Morton wrote:
>> ah, ok.  well just be aware that there is a rewrite of the mythmusic
>> plugin ongoing but I have no idea where it is up to.
>
> Does anyone around here know anything about this? Who's doing it?
> What's the time frame? What's the status?

I'm doing the re-write. I honestly don't know when it will be ready to
commit other than before 0.25 is out with a bit of luck, Myth doesn't
pay the bills so has to be low priority. I have the playback screen
mostly done, the playlist editor is done but I'm not 100% happy with it
so might have to re-think that one, I have a search screen done just
needs a little tidy up, the metadata editor screen is done, the full
screen visualiser and track info popup is done, I've converted some of
the visualisers to work with MythUI, I have a working lyrics screen but
it's just a proof of concept at the moment and really needs to be
plumbed into the metadata grabbing stuff in the BE, I'm currently
working on the streaming playback screen for the shoutcast/icecast
playback. There's still a 1001 things to do before it will be ready even
for others to test.

> I'm subscribed to the mythtv-dev list for a week now, and have
> receveived only one(!) message, which was bot spam. My question wrt
> mythmusic was not answered until today.
>
> sigh...

You must have something wrong with your mail since you you did get a
reply. See the archive here :-
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/459769.

Paul H.