[mythtv-users] backend deadlocked: MythSocket(9ba1fc0:11): readStringList: Error, timed out after 7000 ms.

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:45:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> a bump, so to speak, that I seem to be having the same issue.
>>> James, did you open a ticket?
>> Please do not open tickets against .23 deadlock issues.  Multiple are
>> fixed in .24.  Please at least test with .24 before opening any
>> ticket.
>> Robert
> Thanks Robert, will give .24 a go, from the other thread about this it
> sounds like the issue has in fact been resolved.

My 0.24-fixes backend went unresponsive sometime between last night
~2am and now, no frontends, mythweb, or mythstatus could "talk" to it,
but by the log it seemed to be doing proper housekeeping, I had no
recordings scheduled. I didn't see anything of note in the standard
log output though. What should I be logging to try and catch the

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -