[mythtv-users] tmdb.py script question

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Mon Nov 22 16:25:03 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 03:18 PM, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Johan,
>    The place to look for what happened when MythVideo used tmdb.py is
> to check your frontend log. Entries there will indicate what happened.
>
>     To find what the command line switches are just type at a terminal:
> > /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -h
>
> MythVideo only uses these switches:
> "-v" to get version information on the grabber
> "-l xx" for specifying language code
> "-M 'movie title'" to find a list of matches to a movie title
> "-D XXXXXX" to find the metadata details for the specified movie
> reference number
>
>     Note that MythVideo does the actual image file downloads, tmdb.py
> provides the urls to those image files. To get metadata for the movie
> you were looking for the command line would be:
> > /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -D 9799

Thanks Doug,

I've started the frontend with -v media, however nothing is logged.
Which logging option should give me the right info?
mythfrontend -v extra gives me this:
2010-11-22 17:18:47.327 Fetching details in Video Home
2010-11-22 17:18:47.327 Fetching details in
2010-11-22 17:18:47.328 Fetching details in All
2010-11-22 17:18:47.328 Fetching details in Thriller

If I understand you correctly, the first call to tmdb gets a list of
matches, one of those containing <inetref>9799</inetref>
The next call gets the details required for Mythvideo (metadata)using
the inetref

Manual queries give the right data, however an "update details" from
myth does not insert metadata.
The "update details" works fine for other video's.

Johan