[mythtv-users] DirecTV HTTP Server

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 12:51:47 UTC 2010

On 11/21/2010 11:45 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On 11/21/2010 10:28 PM, jmk wrote:
>> On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 19:35 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> I was looking into this earlier today. I have (2) HR23 and (1) HR21.
>>>
>>> The 23s still work as usual, but the 21 never actually returns anything
>>> (even though the channel changes). By wrapping the LWP call into an
>>> eval, it will let the channel change script return after a timeout.
>>> Currently it will just sit there forever I guess.
>>
>> I hadn't noticed the channel does actually change. I had missed a
>> recording earlier today and manual getTuned/tune requests all seemed to
>> indicate failure. The missed recording may have been due to the H21 just
>> getting into a funky state. It seems to be working now. I guess I'll
>> just ignore the fact that it now returns an error on tuning and not use
>> getTuned to test things anymore.
>
> The recording will fail because the channel change script never returns
> (success or failure).
>
> I'll play with it tomorrow. My recorders are busy tonight. Like I said,
> wrapping an eval around the post in the script is a workaround, but I'll
> grab some packets from my hr21 to see what's happening.

Hmmmm.  This morning, all is right with the universe I guess..  All of
the receivers are responding properly.  I should have checked before I
connected a hub between those network segments and grabbed packet
captures.  Waste of time.  I do not know what the glitch was yesterday,
but I did double check my receivers and my HR21 that was experiencing
issues yesterday has not been updated since 8/23.  Definitely not in
line with your observations (plus I see no unauthorized messages, etc).

-Greg