[mythtv-users] Mythvideo weirdness

Stephen Tan stan at stanandliz.net
Mon Nov 22 00:02:28 UTC 2010

On 21 November 2010 23:42, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Stephen Tan <stan at stanandliz.net> wrote:
>> Just to answer my own question:
>>
>> I had enabled "Browse by TV/Film" in the Mythvide menu!!! Once I had
>> chosen "Broswe by Folder", I was then able to see my folders correctly
>>
>> One other question that I do have that arises though:
>>
>> While I was using the "Browse by TV/Film" mode, I was able to see the
>> screenshots of the episodes of the TV episodes I had. This was rather
>> neat - jamu/Mythfrontend must have been downloading these for me. Is
>> there any way I can enable the screenshots when I go into the folder
>> view for "Browse by Folder" ? it would seem that this is enabled for
>> some episodes, but not all.
>
> Please bottom post on our lists.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Episode_Images.2FScreenshots
>
> If the parent folder starts with "Season" you will see screenshots, or
> if the parent folder is the *exact* same as the metadata title, you
> will see screenshots.  The reason it always works in TV/Movie browse
> mode is because it builds the metadata to comply with these
> requirements.
>
> Basically:
>
> /path/to/tv/Stargate/ with titles called "Stargate: SG-1" will not
> show screenshots.
>
> /path/to/tv/Stargate: SG-1/ with titles called "Stargate: SG-1" will
> show screenshots.
>
> /path/to/tv/Stargate/Season 1/ with *any* titles will show screenshots.
>

>>> Please bottom post on our lists.

Sure - apologies for top posting.

>>>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Episode_Images.2FScreenshots

Odd - my folder structure does obey the requirements, it would seem,
but does not display screenshots.

For example:

/mnt/store/videos/TV/Dollhouse/Season 1/Dollhouse.S01E01.avi
/mnt/store/videos/TV/Dollhouse/Season 2/Dollhouse.S01E02.avi

Does not display the screenshots. Not a showstopper by any means, but
has me scatching my head. Changing the view back to  TV/FIlm does how
the screenshots.

Stephen