[mythtv-users] FC14 lirc mce remote

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 21 04:05:32 UTC 2010

On Nov 20, 2010, at 6:08 PM, John Haywood wrote:

> On 21/11/2010, at 3:16 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>> Please provide lsusb of this device. Might not be mceusb-driven.
>
> Ok - output of lsusb below:
>
> [root at ananda ~]# lsusb
> Bus 006 Device 002: ID 1934:5168 Feature Integration Technology Inc. (Fintek) F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared Receiver/Transceiver
> Does this help?

On some level. :)

That device ID isn't currently in mceusb.c, so we have an explanation
for why the driver isn't loading. That's actually the same device ID
someone sent along to me and said works with the mceusb driver. I'll
get it added upstream and see about adding that to the F14 kernel when
I have a chance. In the interim, you'll have to build an out-of-tree
mceusb driver w/that device ID added... If need be, I can write up
what's needed to do that.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com