[mythtv-users] Store Recording Previews in a seperate location

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Sat Nov 20 03:17:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 19:39, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> The current file naming IS truly unique.  The naming convention is
> CHID_YYYYMMDDHHMMxx.ext.  That 'xx' is not seconds, but rather a unique
> integer which is bumped until it finds a unique filename.  Assuming you
> don't manage to record the same channel at the same minute that hundredth
> time, there should never be an overlap.

Ah!  I did indeed wrongly presume it was seconds.  Fair enough, then.  I
guess.  :)

I'd still like to see local times abolished code-wide except in the UI and
interfaces to external projects/systems.  But I guess this particular case
won't be persuasive -- I'll have to steel for that fight another day.  ;)

Thanks!
EW