[mythtv-users] Myth and Python

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Nov 19 17:51:10 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 12:40, Her Him wrote:
> Can you tell me where you found out about that?

Documentation on the wiki.
http://mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Backend_Messages_%28Myth_Protocol%29

More documentation on the wiki. http://mythtv.org/wiki/Python_bindings

> Because one of the things I'd like to do is pop a myth native dialog
> box for confirmation (the print statements really only being good for
> debugging).

The Python bindings are currently only designed for terminal use.  The
only output they support is a logging class designed to be similar to
that used by MythTV.  If you want to create a popup, you'll have to pull
in a separate graphical library and roll your own.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt
http://www.pygtk.org/
http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter
http://www.zetcode.com/wxpython/