[mythtv-users] query to list all movies recorded?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Nov 19 02:03:49 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> writes:

> On 19 November 2010 00:20, Dan Christensen <jdc at uwo.ca> wrote:
>> Can someone give a database query that will show all movies I've ever
>> recorded on my myth box?  (I.e. I want to exclude regular TV shows.)
>
> Off the top of my head (so can probably be improved):
>
> SELECT DISTINCT `title` FROM `oldrecorded` WHERE `category` = 'Film'
> ORDER BY `title`;

Thanks, that was helpful.  But for me the category shows the genre, so
there are many different categories for movies.  A brief look through
that table suggests that if there is no series id, or if the program id
starts with 'MV', it is a movie.  So this works for me:

SELECT `starttime` , `title` , `description`
FROM `oldrecorded`
WHERE `seriesid` = '' OR `programid` LIKE 'MV%';

Dan