[mythtv-users] Burst of sound incorrectly playing at beginning of recordings

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu Nov 18 22:00:48 UTC 2010

I have a new problem that I think started with 0.24.

I use the cutlist editor on my recordings to chop off the beginning
couple of minutes. It used to be that when I played back these
recordings, they started nicely at the correct place, i.e. with the
beginning couple of minutes chopped off.

Now, every recording I playback plays a burst (less than a second) of
sound that I think is from the very beginning of the file, before
correctly picking up after the cut. I don't see any frames on screen of
the erroneous playback, but I certainly hear them.

I think this started in 0.24. It certainly wasn't present in 0.22 which
I ran for several months. I upgraded to 0.23 then 0.24 in quick
succession, only using 0.23 for a few days, so I cannot say for sure
whether this problem is new in 0.23 or 0.24, but I think it was 0.24.

This is happening with both new recordings, and old recordings (made
prior to 0.24), and indeed is happening with recordings that were edited
prior to 0.24, so I don't think the problem is the new cutlist editor.

I realise that this isn't the biggest problem, but it does make the
system seem a little less polished. By the way, if I make a bookmark
some way into a recording and resume playback from the bookmark, I don't
get the burst of incorrect sound - it only seems to happen when it is
supposed to be skipping through an initial cut.

Has anyone else seen this, before I report a bug?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T