[mythtv-users] SqueezeSlave prevents audio in .24

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:25:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Michael PARKER <michael.parker at st.com> wrote:
> [...]

Mike,
I am using a workaround of only starting SqueezeSlave on demand by
hitting a remote button and closing it by hitting another.  It is a
kludgy work-around in that I would prefer SqueezeSlave running all the
time, but it is what needs to be done.

I noticed, coincidentally, that a new major version of SqueezeSlave
was released yesterday.  I tried to join the logitech forums where the
release was announced and ask if the developer could make sure that
SqueezeSlave does not keep the audio device open while SqueezeSlave is
not actually playing audio, but could not register and could not post.
 I could not find the developers email address either; however, it
seems like the issue can only truly be fixed by modifying
SqueezeSlave.