[mythtv-users] Transcoding in real time

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Thu Nov 18 00:15:22 UTC 2010

Are you referring to mythexport? I am currently using it and it works
fine, but runs after the recording is finished, which can be several
hours, depending on what I record.

Ultimately, I am trying to duplicate what Orb does (orb.com) and watch
live TV on my IPod. The UPNP players wont play mpg files, so I have to
use my laptop with mythtv Frontend.

I almost have what I am looking for by using japelserver on my myth box.
It does a nice job of transcoding mpg files, so I can watch them via
Safari on my IPod. Unfortunately, you cannot fast forward past
commercials like with UPNP players, and if the connection breaks, you
have to start from the beginning of the file.

If myth trascoded to mp4,  on the fly, I could use my IPod UPNP player
to access the file and have all the functionality I am looking for.