[mythtv-users] no 2ch AC3 passthrough when speakers == Stereo

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:23:59 UTC 2010

Hi

On 18 November 2010 00:46, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Indeed, it is!
>

>> trac is a better place to report bugs than the user list.
>
> Indeed, once I know it's a bug and not intended behaviour.

Actually, I remember why I had it setup that way....

My Sony TV is plugged via spdif to my amp
If playing stereo, I can play it via the TV directly (and both plays
it, and pass via spdif to the amp).
If 5.1, I have the amplifier

Now that it does AC3 passthrough even for stereo content, I get
garbage on the TV because it can't decode AC3 and I must use the
amplifier at all time..

So decoding for stereo all the time did have a purpose..

I have a work around for plugging the TV differently, but I may revert
that change in the near future..