[mythtv-users] Mythnetvision control content

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 18:00:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Jonatan <mythtv at comhem.se> wrote:
> On 2010-11-17 16:57, Dave Brown wrote:
>>
>> Still currently using mythtv 0.23.1.  Does mythnetvision in 0.24 allow
>> you to control the media being played from a remote.  Such as pause,
>> rewind etc.
>
> No, it does not, but 0.25 or perhaps 0.26 might, since I have been hacking
> on a proof of concept that will initially support Vimeo and Youtube.
>
> We'll see what the devs think about it when I submit a ticket.

I am open to the idea.  My preliminary thoughts on the matter have
always been that there should be some form of universal "translation"
matrix that allows adding support for new sites/players easily.
Something like an XML file that maps actions to coordinate clicks or
javascript actions, etc.  I basically would like to see something like
what boxee does to handle this kind of control.  I don't mind
admitting that the XML format I designed for MNV is heavily
boxee-inspired, and thus we support many similar functionalities to
what their RSS format supports (and I daresay some more interesting
ones which they do not).  The only thing we really lack is a) the
above kind of control interface and b) more scripts.

Robert