[mythtv-users] Possible tuner for Freesat ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 09:52:55 UTC 2010

New product from Elgato

EyeTV Netstream Sat
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/tuner/netstreamsat/product2.en.html

As far as I can make out, it just tunes/decodes the signal (single
tuner) and pipes it over the network.

"coming soon"
EyeTV Sat Free
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/tuner/EyeTV-Sat-Free.en.html

Appears to be a USB version, which can also be plugged into the
Netstream Sat to make it a dual tuner device.

Needless to say, their site only talks about using it with their own
software so I've no idea how "open" it is for use with other software.

--
Simon Hobson