[mythtv-users] Video playback issues in 0.23-fixes

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 01:30:32 UTC 2010

On 17 November 2010 09:13, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Taylor Ralph <taylor.ralph at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> You might want to update to >= 260.19.21 as the latest changelog states:
>
> Updated both NV driver rev, and kernel to support it.. No change in
> behavior. Attaching two more "clean" logs of frontend startup, media
> playback, and pause/stop playback as soon as the issue happens a few
> times/log fills with complaints.

With respect to the H264 problems, my money is definitely on the
stream type - and more specifically "Format settings, ReFrames
: 9 frames" (which is also confirmed in your frontend log).

I know you said you tried before but the way to fix this (assuming you
have enough GPU memory) is to bump up the VDPAU buffer size. Start at
the max and if it works, start dropping it down to more reasonable
levels. Hopefully this will be fixed for 0.25 (mind you, I had hoped
to fix it for 0.24!)

As far as the MPEG2 sparkles is concerned, I've heard various reports
about this before and all have been related to the driver/card
combination (I seem to remember there was a lengthy thread on nvnews
at some point).

regards

Mark