[mythtv-users] MythFontManager unable to load fonts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 17 01:24:33 UTC 2010

  On 11/16/2010 01:20 AM, Matt W wrote:
> been running .24 release for a couple days now and things are mostly
> going well.  one nagging problem I have in mythfrontend...
>
> 2010-11-15 22:05:11.510 MythFontManager, Warning: Unable to load
> font(s) in file '/usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/fonts/FreeSans.ttf'
> 2010-11-15 22:05:11.513 MythFontManager, Warning: Unable to load
> font(s) in file '/usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/League
> Gothic.otf'
>
> with regard to permissions, the files are all readable as are the
> directories... I even tried changing them to be owned by mythtv user.
> no luck.
>
> anyone have an idea what might cause this?  thx!

Most likely corrupt files?  That error is returned when the Qt
QFontDatabase is unable to read a valid font from the file.  So, if it's
not a permissions issue, I'd guess the file itself is bad.

The only other thing I could imagine is if you're running a Unix/X11
platform without fontconfig support.  (At least in the GNU/Linux world,
you shouldn't find that.  If this isn't GNU/Linux, then it's possible.)

Mike