[mythtv-users] arclight waits, "Loading", for too long
Brian J. Murrell
brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 16 13:10:09 UTC 2010
Maybe there is really nothing that can be done about this but I thought
I would report this usability issue anyway...
Every time I go to Watch Recordings in Arclight, it spends too long
(10-20 seconds) making me wait while presenting a "Loading" dialog box
on the bottom right.
I wonder if whatever it's "Loading" can be done as soon as the theme
starts while the user is navigating, to at least reduce the amount of
time spent waiting once Watch Recordings is selected.
Additionally, it would be nice if some sort of caching could be done so
that this "Loading" didn't need to be done on every entry to (i.e. after
an exit from) Watched Recordings.
I'm afraid that this having to wait every time we select Watch
Recordings is going to drive the WAF down until she wants to go back to
the theme we were using before, which doesn't seem to spend anywhere
near as long loading data.
b.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20101116/7318fd15/attachment.pgp>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list