[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Tue Nov 16 02:21:31 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 12:03 PM, Quinten Steenhuis wrote:

> 2) Reappearance of a very annoying bug that intermittently renders the
> display completely unresponsive to key or remote presses. This problem
> mysteriously disappeared a few updates ago and I don't look forward to
> the weeks of troubleshooting to make it go away again, especially as I
> am not sure exactly what setting changes fixed it in the past.

I had a similar response issue in with mythvideo. From the logs it seem
myth was trying to run a 'p' command which didn't exists. Upgrading
fixed the problem. See my post here:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-November/301408.html

I have been running .24-fixes since RC1 and the only two bugs I
encountered are the above and the garbage screen shots for recordings.
The screen capture for recording is major annoyance for me. Would like
to see a fix soon.

Other concerns I have is mythweb's requirement for storage group. I had
mythweb in .23 running a dedicated web server without myth. I would
still like to keep this setup. Don't want any web on my backend/frontend
box. Unfortunately, I cannot test out mythweb in .24 because I lack php 5.3.

Other than those two grips the myth dev did a bang up job with this
release. IMO, upgrade to .24 was also the simplest ever. Compile (this
might be optional for most users)->Install->mythsetup->Start
backend/frontend->Watch TV (frontend audio scan was not required for me).

I'm running self compiled myth 24-fixes on Slackware64 current.