[mythtv-users] UK: managing Freeview and Freesat

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:55:22 UTC 2010

it is also worth adding the following command to the script

update channel set commmethod=-2 where name like ('%BBC%')

this flags the BBC channels as commercial free and therefore the comm
flag engine doesnt waste time on them. this is important if you have
set a low number of concurrent jobs to be run (like I have due to
hddrive throughput, especially with the increased number of HD
channels I am recording).

Have you added this to the wiki?

Maybe it is worth combining all the UK channel line up pages as I thnk
there are now 3 or 4 already. I am happy to do this, but I dont want
to tread on anyones toes... it can be painful.

Rich