[mythtv-users] Arclight not showing fanart for one specific tv show

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:47:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 20:09 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> I disagree.  Sorry.  As *I* said, a perfectly matching system is
>> possible by naming the artwork by seriesid.
>
> Naming it where though?  In the local cache, after it's been downloaded
> already or at the meta-data source(s) such as thetvdb.com, etc.?

No part of actual myth code downloads artwork for the watch recordings
screen.  It is an exercise left to the user.  Yes, Jamu will do it for
you, but that is a feature added by Jamu's author for his convenience,
and Jamu is a contrib script.  So, manually named, by the user, in the
filesystem, by seriesid, will work fine.

>> Already explained above.  Artwork will be coupled to recordings like
>> in mythvideo.
>
> Which I thought was also retrieved based on the name of the video.

But since there won't be any "hunt" and the files will be addressed by
Qt, any valid character will work fine.  Including a question mark.

>> It'll be automatically populated for new recordings
>> based on their recording rule.
>
> OK.  But I'm still missing where the linkage is between the seriesid
> that's in Mythtv and the "id" that's given to shows on the various
> metadata sites that Mythtv is using.  Right now the linkage is based on
> names.  If the linkage is done based on the seriesid will there be some
> kind of mapping between the two "id"s?

I'm sorry, but we're getting a bit far afield at the moment.  I guess
you're just going to have to hold on until it's done.  No mapping of
ID will be necessary, everything will work and will have nothing to do
with TMDB/TVDB ID.  Please be patient.  It'll work fine.  There's no
"linkage" of anything.  You'll set up a recording rule, be presented
with artwork, select those you like, and that artwork will always be
loaded for those recordings.

I feel like I've given all the explanation I can afford to spend time
giving in this thread.  Hope that it's clear to you now.  Any further
clarification you need will have to wait until the new code goes in.
We're reaching a point of diminishing returns.

Robert