[mythtv-users] Arclight not showing fanart for one specific tv show

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 15 03:09:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 09:59 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:

I don't mean to pick nits but I just want to clarify so that I know
accurately what's going on here...

> Because a question mark is a wildcard in a regexp,

It's not.  A "." (dot) is a wildcard in a regular expression.  A
question mark is a wildcard in a "glob".  Is it really REs that are
being employed here or globs?

> which is what's
> used to hunt for the images in the path.  This is why the image hunt
> falls back to seriesid_fanart.png, etc.

But shouldn't the literal input have it's "special" characters escaped
before being passed to a glob or RE matcher?  I just want to be clear
here what the intention is before I go file a bug.

> So if you want this one to be displayed, get the SERIESID (available
> from the program details screen) and rename the title portion of the
> file to that.

Yeah.  Having it actually displayed was secondary.  I wanted primarily
to understand why and/or get a bug filed on it if it was indeed a bug.

Very nice looking theme BTW.

Cheers,
b.