[mythtv-users] Arclight theme not using downloaded fanart

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 17:12:31 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Brian J. Murrell
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 10:11 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure if this could be it, but does your frontend have a videos
>> folder that is the same path as the storage group set on the backend?
>> I know back when storage groups first appeared, that caused me some
>> issues I cannot remember exactly.
>
> Well, you were somewhat close.  It seems that the fanart is expected to
> be in ~/.mythtv/MythVideo, so creating a symlink
> to /net/pvr/video/MythVideo seems to have resolved it.  But that means
> that each user on each frontend has to do this.  I was hoping that it
> would have been more integrated between the backend and frontend.
>
> Cheers,
> b.

My fanart is all stored in my storage group on the backend, and I do
not need to change anything on the FEs for it to work..  There has to
be something on that FE that is causing it to look locally.  My
mythvideo fanart on this FE is set to:  ~/MythVideo/fanart which I
assume is the default.  I definitely do not have that folder on the
machine, but the fanart still works.  If you completely remove (or
temporarily move) that directory, I would expect it to search the
backend since the directory does not exist on the FE...