[mythtv-users] how to tell if 5.1 audio channels mapped correctly?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Nov 14 17:00:08 UTC 2010

Zitat von Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> On 11 November 2010 01:06, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas what might be the issue here?
>>

> If you upgraded to 0.24 ; it would be easier to diagnose the problem...

I've done that this weekend, and it didn't change anything. The card
is alsa:iec958, I also tried the autodetected SPDIF configuration that
specified CARD and DEV. Speaker configuration is 5.1, upmixing for
Stereo is enabled, DTS and DD passthrough is enabled, no advanced
audio configurations are set.

Still I don't get any rear channels, but instead I get the front
channels on both front and rear speakers. What should I try or check
next?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/