[mythtv-users] Control myth by MS Kinect !

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 18:05:08 UTC 2010


On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I am really sceptical of Kinect; although I havent used one...
>
> How will the system know that a gesture is in fact a gesture and not
> just a random movement... I see that the in game Pause gesture is to
> stand on one leg and put the other leg out and create an L with your
> arms... come on... this just shows that you need a controller as
> well.. like the PS Move.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>

It has potential, check out the dude that hacked multitouch into it:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/hacked-kinect-taught-to-work-as-multitouch-interface/

I think where it might shine is if it sits behind a translucent screen or
series of screens that you can interface with like, dare I say it, Minority
Report.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20101113/d82bddd3/attachment.htm>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list