[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 Live TV Returns to last channel/tuner watched - Not good for me!

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 11:31:40 UTC 2010

On 12/11/10 20:04, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 11/12/2010 02:35 PM, Dave Pearson wrote:

>>> Please explain this old behavior of which you speak.  Then I can
>>> tell you your options.  I don't understand what you're trying to do,
>>> and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed regarding input selection
>>> (in Live TV or otherwise).
>>>
>>> I need to know what behavior you're seeing and what behavior you're
>>> expecting.
>> OK, here goes:
>>
>> Up until I upgraded to MythTV 0.24, whenever I started Live TV it
>> would always start on the last channel selected on the Last Tuner in
>> the list of Tuners.
>
> Because you had selected "Avoid conflicts between live TV and
> scheduled recordings."
>
>> Since I've upgraded to 0.24, it now starts on the last channel that
>> was being watched on the last Tuner being used. For me, this is not
>> so good since it could be the Composite Channel on my PVR250, which
>> means the IR Blaster changes the channel on my Sky Box (and my son
>> gets cross with me!).
>
> No, MythTV has always (before 0.24 and after) chosen the best-quality
> local input for MythTV /unless/ you specified, "Avoid conflicts
> between live TV and scheduled recordings," in which case it uses the
> default input on the last-defined card.
>
>> I'd like to be able to change it back so that it always starts on the
>> last tuner (in my case a DVB-T card).
>
> Set the setting.
>
> Mike
I still have "Avoid conflicts between Live TV and scheduled shows" set,
unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any effect any more. There is,
what a think is, a new option - "Allow Live TV to move scheduled shows",
but disabling this seems to have no effect on the startup Tuner/Channel.

I have thought of a possible way around this - if there is a way of
getting the channel change script to detect if the channel change is
being called by Live TV or by a Scheduled Recording, I could tell the
script to only change channel if it is for a recording (If I am watching
Live TV I can use the Sky+ remote to change to the channel I want). Do
you have any ideas as to how I can achieve this?

Regards,
Dave.