[mythtv-users] Need help to setup iMON remote and VFD on Fedora 14

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sat Nov 13 10:47:34 UTC 2010

Hello Jarod,

Saturday, November 13, 2010, 1:53:29 AM, you wrote:

>> Can you advice me about VFD as well? I'd like to get it to work
>> with lcdproc. I have the following configuration for imon module:
>>
>> options imon display_type=1

> From the driver:

>         /* SoundGraph iMON OEM LCD (IR & LCD) */
>         { USB_DEVICE(0x15c2, 0x0038) },

> Pretty sure that's an LCD, not a VFD. Generally, overriding the
> display_type is a Bad Idea, unless you're 100% positive the
> driver is getting it wrong. But every single 0x0038 device I've
> seen to date is an LCD, not a VFD.

Ah, you are right!

Initially I trusted lsusb output that stated:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc. GD01 MX VFD Display/IR Receiver

(nothing said about it being LCD) and I didn't actually look at the
display myself, as I'm connecting to the machine remotely. This
made me spend a lot of time trying to set up a wrong driver...

Now I checked it carefully and it is definitely an LCD. So having the
LCDd configured for 'imonlcd', I think I got it running too!

Thank you VERY MUCH! :)