[mythtv-users] Need help to setup iMON remote and VFD on Fedora 14

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Nov 12 08:55:15 UTC 2010

Hi Jarod,

>> We just need to add some more scancode->keycode
>> mappings to the driver. If you can figure out which button each of
>> those unknown scancodes maps to, I can get them added to the driver.

> Sure! I'll get the "missing" scancodes list and will send it to you.
> If I get it right, irrecord doesn't work with devinput so the easiest
> way is to get the codes from /var/log/messages?

> P.S. Is it Ok that 'irw' doesn't show anything as well, even for the
> codes known by the driver?

Short update on the missing scancodes. The joystick on the remote
reacts to key pressure. If I press "Joystick Up" softly, it generates
one code. If I press it harder - there is another code and so on.
Softer pressures doesn't seem to be recognized, while the hardest
pressure actually gets recognized by existing driver.
My friend says it's ok if softer pressure won't work at all - as even
an accidental touch resulted in some undesirable actions when he was
using this iMON in Windows.

All other buttons on the remote seem to be recognized.

BUT: I still can't get the remote to work as I expect it.
Mplayer, for example, doesn't react on Play / Pause / FF, etc.
buttons. It may be that lircrc isn't mapping these buttons properly,
although I use the one from your site and key namings do match.

Is there any utility that shows what button is being received and
processed by lirc? 'irw' would be perfect, but it doesn't show
anything for me on this system - it's either a symptom, or a 'feature'
when using lirc in devinput mode...

--
BR,
Andrew