[mythtv-users] Storage group question

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:36:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>> Nothing I see:

>>> 2010-11-09 22:12:47.942 MythBackend: Running as a slave backend.
>>> 2010-11-09 22:12:47.945 MythBackend, Error: No valid capture cards are
>>> defined in the database.
>>>                         Perhaps you should re-read the installation
>>> instructions?
>>
>> There's your problem.  Once you have your capture cards defined, it will
>> work.
>>

> Huh.  Capture cards are required for storage groups to work on a slave
> backend?  Looks like something for the wiki.
>
> Looks like it's back to NFS for me for now, then - not sure when my
> HD-PVR will be here, and I need to use the space.

OK - I have my tuner set up on my slave backend.  Recordings made on
that tuner record fine on the slave backend.  Unfortunately, though,
when I have a recording from a tuner on my master backend, it can't
record onto the slave backend.

In my master backend's default storage group, I have the following directories:

/mnt/master/recordings
/mnt/master/recordings2
/mnt/video1/recordings
/mnt/video2/recordings
/mnt/video3/recordings

The last three are directories that exist only on my slave backend.
All of these slave directories are set at 777.

Any suggestions?