[mythtv-users] .23-fixes video storage groups question

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 02:44:27 UTC 2010


All -

I've been upgrading to .23 this week, as well as rebuilding my slave
backend.  I set up Storage groups for my recordings and my videos.
with .22, I'd been using NFS mounts on my master backend to get to the
slave backend.  As a result, I had to update the hostname / host in
the recordings and videometatype tables.

I tried playing a movie file from a remote frontend, and it played.
Then, I "scanned for changes", and all of the movies on my slave
backend disappeared.  In the frontend log, I got a series of:

 Removing file SG(slave): filename.mpg

It recognized the update to the host field, because it played the
files originally.  Then, it recognized that the files were on my slave
- but it deleted the entries from the table - obviously, the files are
still there.

How do I need to get my slave backend's videos to show up again?


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list