[mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

Steve Netting steve at moonfoundation.com
Wed Nov 10 15:18:45 UTC 2010

> I deleted a bunch of recording, most recorded on a slave backend that no
> longer exists.
>
> The recordings are no longer in the database (not on recordings screen,
> and "mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM recorded;" >
> /tmp/t.txt" doesn't seem to have the recordings either).
>
> But, no disk space was returned.
>
> Is there a simple script to match what is in the recorded table to what is
> on the disk? Basically, if there is a recording on disk that doesn't have
> a matching table entry, I want to delete the file. Or am I missing
> something?

Hi Gerald,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but on my box in the contrib directory
there's script called myth.find_orphans.pl which will cross reference the
DB and storage and optionally remove any orphaned files.

On my box the path is:-

/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl

Steve