[mythtv-users] Storage group question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 10 02:57:23 UTC 2010

  On 11/09/2010 09:20 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a slave backend again (old one croaked).  Before,
> I was using .22, and shared my drives using NFS.  Now, I'm going to
> try to use Storage Groups.
>
> I have mythbackend running on my slave backend (tunerless until my
> HD-PVR comes in).  I have three mount points for recordings:
>
> /mnt/video1/recordings
> /mnt/video2/recordings
> /mnt/video3/recordings
>
> I have added each of those directories on my master backend in the
> "Default" storage group.  When I exited mythtv-setup, it barked at me
> that these directories didn't exist.  No big deal, right, since my
> slave backend wasn't running yet.
>
> I started my master backend, and then the slave.  The master backend
> log shows the slave is connected.  I go to the MythWeb status page,
> though, and t doesn't show the drives.  I check my frontend status -
> no drives.  I go to the backend webpage (IP:6544) and it shows the
> drives.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Look in the remote backend's logs for errors.  Also, check your file
system permissions on those directories--they (and all their parent
directories) need read and execute for the user running mythbackend (and
the recordings directory needs write permissions).

If you don't see any errors, run the remote backend with:

mythbackend -v important,general,file

Mike