[mythtv-users] Is the Acer Revo still the best frontend?

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:40:37 UTC 2010

At 1:32 PM -0500 11/9/10, Matt Emmott wrote:

I had thought that within the context of the discussion, no more
specifics were needed. What I meant was, "Do you run H.264-encoded
MythTV recordings on your mini?" On my Core Duo Mac I cannot run
H.264-encoded recordings from  my HD-PVR, nor can I run H.264-encoded
MKVs from Blu-Ray rips.

That is really surprising.  You can't get acceptable playback at all,
or just in Myth?  Are they 1080 or 720?  Have you tried VLC?

Justin