[mythtv-users] timezone problems connecting to remote backend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 8 13:51:10 UTC 2010

On Sunday, November 07, 2010 05:02:42 pm Greg Oliver wrote:

> > There are practical reasons for DST - I still think we should just
> > shift working hours flexibly throughout the year, but DST is a GOOD
> > compromise.
>
> Not having children going to school in the dark was another reasoning.

You can buy a lot of flashlights for $1.7 Billion.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/06/daylight-saving-time-today-it-worth-cost/

Is there some law that prevents changing school times with the season?

Buy I guess $3.29 per household is reasonable:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/new-economy/2010/0313/Wait!-Daylight-Saving-Time-will-cost-me-money

And there are other costs:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/people-work-daylight-saving-time-costs-us-more-than-sleep/19390423/