[mythtv-users] how to really disable screensaver/blanking

Larry mythtv at american-hero.com
Mon Nov 8 02:22:41 UTC 2010

I'm running a fully patched CENTOS with the rpms for myth from Axel's
repository.
For some odd reason I can't figure out how to disable the
screensaver/screen blanking from occurring.
I have set the screensaver timeout to 2 hours, and unchecked the box to
allow the screen to blank but it still happens.
I found a couple of things on the web to try including using gconf-2 to
set the screensaver to "false" and actually doing a chmod -x to the
gnome screensaver.

however these still dont work.  The screen will go blank after 30
minutes or so and unless I get up and move the mouse it will stay blanked.

I dont even have a clue what to try next.  Anyone want to through out
some ideas?

Thanks

Larry