[mythtv-users] Using HDMI Disables All Audio?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 12:33:50 UTC 2010

Thanks everyone for help got it working using the ALSA Upgrade script
for Ubuntu (I am running Mythbuntu 10.04).  I just followed the
instructions as detailed in the first post in the thread.

For my card I tested each device with my hdmi lead plugged in using
the speaker-test command detailed in the thread above.  I then
adjusted MythTV to use the appropriate hwplug that worked for me
(several did).  I also needed to use the mixer application and switch
to the new sound card that the new alsa had created and ensure all
options were enabled.