[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 01:28:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:

>> Two questions.
>> (1)  I think that mceusb is the receiver, from previous irw tests.  Is
>> this also the sender, or is that vista_mce?  I'm fairly sure that the
>> mceusb_hauppauge one is the sender that is built into the HDPVR, which
>> I'm not using.

irsend LIST "" ""
irsend: mceusb
irsend: mceusb_hauppauge
irsend: vista_mce

They are all the same device.  Some remotes/transceivers have
more/less buttons.  This lircd.conf for the remotes pretty much just
covers all of the bases for the *mce* family.  They all refer to the
same mceusb transceiver/remote.

>> (2)  How do I set up the sender commands so that they are correct for
>> the dish network STB?  If I haven't set this up, I'd just be sending
>> garbage to the STB, correct?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I got a little bit further, I think.
>
> I have found a configuration for a Dish 211 receiver and have added it
> to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
>
> The configuration file is attached.
>
> The lirc daemon is running, but when I try irsend LIST "" "", I get no
> response, and irsend SEND_ONCE dish211 1 gives the error
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish211 1
> irsend: unknown remote: "dish211"

try irsend with -d

irsend -d /var/run/lirc/lircd LIST "" ""

I am not sure where your lirc install points though (I deleted the
older parts of the thread already)..  You can try that, or failing
that, post your lirc init scripts and we can figure it out from there.
 Once you get the LIST command returning results, the rest is pretty
quick to complete.

Did you restart lircd after you added the remote by chance?  It
probably at a minimum needs a HUP sent to it, or easier just restart
the whole service.