[mythtv-users] Multiplexing vs multiple cards

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Fri Nov 5 03:01:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Paul Buchanan <paul.buchanan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alrighty.  So I have loads of things to follow up on now that I've received
> so many responses.
> This one in particular intrigues me, specifically the option to "offload the
> display processing to the gpu".  I have an nvidia card (not sure of the
> model right now since I"m not at home).
> How would one do such a thing?
> Cheers
> Paul

(Note: Please don't top-post on this list, it makes the dev's cranky.
Add your reply to the end)

Which nVidia GPU? If it's an Geforce 8300 or newer, you should be able
to get VDPAU acceleration working - it's as simple as installing the
nVidia binary-blob driver and changing the playback profile.

Search the wiki for VDPAU.

But in a Pentium 4 box, I'm guessing you're using an AGP card, which
would make it as 7xxx series or older....

There is also XVmC, which is....awful, but still useful. Again, search the wiki.

- Chris