[mythtv-users] 0.23 [26863] backend stops responding to some requests but continues to record as scheduled?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:39:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 13:46 -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>>
>> This mailing list is NOT a bug-reporting venue.  We have trac for
>> that.
>
> And one no sooner adds any comment to a trac bug and it's closed down.
> You can imagine why people might find using trac to be less than
> welcoming.

That may be, but checking if a related bug exists can be a useful
thing.  Granted, there's a way to go to getting our bug tracking
"perfect".

> Is that what I was doing when I posted a stack trace of the problem in
> action as was previously requested, IIRC?

Perhaps not, but you can understand how it can easily be missed in the
noise.  Checking if there is already a bug reported is a good plan.
The backtrace may be quite useful as well.  But I would really like to
see people at least remembering that trac exists, and to use it for
reporting bugs.  There are some people who only ever report bugs here
in this mailing list, which is impossible to track bugs on, and then
get bent out of shape when they don't get fixed.  Your earlier
comments were following that path, and maybe I overreacted :)