[mythtv-users] 0.23 [26863] backend stops responding to some requests but continues to record as scheduled?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:28:47 UTC 2010

interesting occurance I've noticed lately. my mythbackend will cease
to respond to any of the frontends, mythtv-status, or in mythweb show
the recordings list, the status page, or the upcoming recordings page,
but according to the log and files created it continues to record
scheduled recordings.

anyone have any idea what's going on or a way to "wake" up the backend
without canceling any current recordings?

generally I don't see anything in the backend log (-v important), but
I just noticed this while writing this email:
Use of uninitialized value $code in string eq at
/usr/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 647.
Use of uninitialized value $code in string eq at
/usr/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 650.
Unexpected response to 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 23056':

though that could be unrelated...

thanks!

--
Steve